I understand how difficult it is to tell if a girl likes you.
But if you understand the way woman think and behave, the task of knowing how to tell if a girl likes you becomes way easier than you imagine.
So today, in this article, I’m going to give you every tell-tale signs I’ve personally found in my research and experiences with the ladies that a girl likes you.
In order to do that, let me proceed on with 15 signs (physical) she wants you. Then I will follow up this with 20 personalities/social signs that a girl likes you.
How to know if a girl likes you: 15 signs a girl likes you
1. She stands taller, her shoulders are pulled back and her stomach is sucked in.
If a girl is standing taller, her stomach is pulled in, and her shoulders are back, then that’s a good sign she likes you.
She makes these posture to ‘impress’ you.
How to spot this sign of interest?
The answer is easy: watch her posture when she walks away from you or walks past you. She knows that you are looking at her, so she’ll naturally change her posture as described above to leave a good impression on you.
Sometimes, she might also wiggle her hips as if she’s cat walking down the ramp.
Also, watch her lips and neck. If she is licking her lips when she’s talking to you, or she’s pushing her neck out or just touching it, that’s her subconscious physical signs.
She does all of these things to accentuate her face and body.
Other physical subconscious signs that she likes you can be tilting her head or running her hand through her hair.
In case you’re wondering, here’s how a girl run her fingers through her hair when they like you.
2. Her feet are pointing towards you.
A lot of famous psychologists say this is the best non-verbal signs to really tell if someone likes you.
Well, human beings aren’t aware of what our feet are doing most of the time.
So you must look out for:
If her feet are pointing away from you, towards the door, which means she may not be interested in you.
If her feet are pointing towards you, that’s a good sign.
If her feet are tightly crossed or under her when she is sitting you, then she may be either uncomfortable or nervous around you.
If her feet are away from your body then she may be relaxed around you. Again, this is a good sign that she’s just enjoying spending time with you.
3) Her body is pointing towards you
Just like her feet, the direction of her body is a very good sign she is into you.
Turning her whole body towards you and giving your undivided attention is a tell-tale sign.
Just like her feet, the body unknowingly turns to face the person they like.
It’s something that a lot of people do without even realizing it.
So pay attention to where her feet and her body are pointing.
On the other hand, if she talks to you without even moving her body or feet towards you, then she might not be interested in you.
4) She reacts “positively” or notices when you touch her
The way a woman notices or reacts to your touches is a huge indicator of whether or not she likes you.
If she is into you, she’ll definitely notice when you touch her, even if it just an innocent touch. She might smile, blush, or even get closer to you.
On the other hand, if she is not into you, she’ll most likely pull back or away as you touch her.
Now, of course, you must be careful when you touch her because you don’t want to touch her inappropriately. For example, if you’re having a conversation with a girl, a light touch on her elbow or on the shoulder is enough to see how she reacts.
5) She starts to get touchy-feely with you
If you’ve come so far in the dating world, then I assume you already know that people often touch the person they like.
According to Jack Schafer, a behaviour analyst, “women may sometimes slightly touch the arm of a man when they’re talking to him. This innocent touch merely means she likes you, and not to be taken as an open invitation to sexy.”
Another big sign that a girl likes you is if simply begins preening you. For example, she fixes a piece of your clothing or picks lint off your clothes.
As mentioned earlier, if you really want to figure out whether or not she likes you, you must always try to touch her on the shoulder or the back of her elbow, and notice her reaction.
If she quickly moves away or pulls back, then she may be not feeling comfortable with you right now. This, of course, isn’t a clear sign that she doesn’t like you as it all depends on how touchy-feely she is too.
If she sees someone who is a touchy-feely type with other people, and then she pulls away as soon as you touch her, then it’s obviously not a very good sign.
On the other hand, if she’s a shy or nervous type, then it may take a while for her to get warmed up with you touching her, even if she likes you.
6) She blushes when she’s around you
You see, blushing is when someone has a pink colour in their face from shame or embarrassment.
It’s normal to blush when you like someone or you get a compliment you didn’t expect.
So if you notice she blushes when she’s hanging around with you, then it’s a tell-tale sign that she is into you.
BUT, you must also ensure that she doesn’t easily blush around with other people as well.
7) Her pupils are dilated…
This one sign is a little bit difficult to spot, but, in general, dilated pupils are a good indicator of interest.
Try to make eye contact with her, without, of course, creeping her out, and notice if her pupils are dilated.
Just remember that if the lights in the room dim, her pupils will dilate too as a result.
8) She imitates your movements and gestures
This is a very good sign a woman likes you. It’s something we do unconsciously.
Pay attention to THESE signs of attraction:
- Is she copying the words you use, particularly slang?
- Is she copying your hand gestures as you are speaking with her? Does she talk slowly when you talk to her slowly? Is she mirroring your energy level? If she is doing any of these things, then it is most likely that she likes you.
9) She looks at you
If she’s into you and is direct and confident, she’ll be making eye contact with you when you lock eyes.
She may either scan your face and give you a second look or just smile. This is a very good sign that she is interested in you and she is pretty confident and bold to show it.
On the other hand, if she’s the shy and nervous type, she may look away or look down as you lock eyes with her.
If she looks away when you sense she’s checking you out, that’s also a very good sign that she’s interested in you. It definitely means that she likes you, but doesn’t want you to know that she’s into you.
10) She’s preening herself
So what is preening, you may ask. Preening is the act of “fixing herself” by doing any of the following things.
She could either fix her clothes, put her lip gloss on her lips, or run her fingers through her hair.
She does all these things just to look better when she’s around you. She may also do this because she is fidgety, especially when they’re around people they like and they are feeling a little bit nervous and anxious.
And let’s just be honest with ourselves first, I mean it’s really flattering when a beautiful woman does all kinds of these things, and women subconsciously are aware of this.
According to a study conducted by a Scientist, Monica M. Moore, pouting, primping, and preening is some of the things women do almost unconsciously when they’re around a man they’re attracted to.
And it’s not just some a little levels of attraction either. They only do these kinds of moves to men they’re either highly attracted to and they immediately want them to know about it.
11) She tilts and leans in her head
If she tilts and leans in her head as she’s talking to you, then it means she’s trying to tell you she’s hooked. This is especially true if you’re in a group of other people. She’s obviously most engaged with what you’re talking about.
It’s also her way to subconsciously pull you in her direction so that you both can get a bit of one-on-one time together.
Similarly, if she is tilting her head means she is engaged and interested in you. She’s letting you know that she is listening to your conversation.
Make sure that you spot this sign and engage yourself in the conversation. Do NOT lean in. Because doing so will only make you come across as needy because you already have her attention.
But make sure to be interested in the conversation and maintain strong eye contact all the time.
12) She uses an “open” body language
Do you want to know how to tell if she is comfortable around you?
The answer is simple: watch her body language. If it is relaxed, open, and loose, like her arms and legs are spread wide and her torso is pointing towards you, which is a great sign to tell she’s interested.
But, don’t take this open body language as a sign of attraction yet, because if she’s with her friends, she may be comfortable around them too.
So, you see, it all depends on the context. But, if you just met her for the first time, and she’s alone, and her body language is loose and relaxed and open, then that’s a tell-tale sign that she is highly interested in you.
You see, comfort and trust are super important for women when it comes to choosing a boyfriend.
Also, it also depends on personality. If she’s the nervous and shy kind of girl, then it’s unlikely she’ll use open body language even if she is interested in you.
But if she’s the confident, direct, and the bold type, then this kind of loose body language is an excellent indicator that she is into you.
13) She’s clearly shy and nervous around you
If she is into you, and she’s just met you and doesn’t know you well, then she’s more likely to get shy and nervous when she’s around you.
After all, she wants to make a great impression on you.
According to research by Busines Insider, there are in fact 7 subtle signs that you must watch out for to immediately tell if a girl is shy or nervous.
- The blink more often. According to researchers, frequent eye-blinking is the result of being nervous.
- They touch their face often. This can include rubbing their forehead, pushing their cheek, or squeezing their face.
- They play with their hair a lot. Hair twirling is an excellent way to reduce stress. It’s an excellent way to reduce anxiety.
- They compress their lips. This is a natural response to protect ourselves from danger.
- They rub their hands a lot.
- They contort their hands. This can either include rotating hands back and forth, cracking knuckles, or interlaced squeezed fingers.
- They yawn excessively. This is a weird one, but according to a lot of researchers, yawning helps maintain our body temperature, and bring cool air into the mouth and the nose. (Anxiety and stress can also cause the brain to get hotter).
So if she’s displaying any one of these signs when she’s around you, then she could be a little bit shy and nervous and self-conscious, which is a good indicator that she likes you (especially true if you already don’t know her very well).
And as she starts to get to know you better, the nervousness and shyness should go away, and then, it’s just a matter of building a connection with her.
14) She caresses an object in her hands
This sign is quite interesting, and sometimes it can be really difficult to spot this from normal holding.
So, here’s what you want to watch out for:
The most significant aspect of this sign is how she holds an object. Is she stroking it while looking at you directly in your eyes when you’re talking to her? Is she caressing it gently? If that’s the case, then it’s a tell-tale sign that she’s paying attention to what you’re telling her.
But, on the other hand, if she just holds the object tightly and only looks gives a fleeting eye contact, then that’s not a good sign of attraction.
But, on the other hand, if she is holding an object in her hand while also maintaining good eye contact then it’s a great sign that she likes you.
Also, if she likes you, she may also be holding the object towards you, just like how her body or feet may point towards you when she is interested in you.
But if she’s holding the object tightly, shielding it from you, and moving her body away from you, then that’s certainly not a very good sign that she is into you.
15) Remember, it’s all in the small details
You must always keep in mind that when it comes to body language women are much more subtle and indirect than most men are when it comes to displaying interest.
In fact, a research study found that women are often the first one to make the first move, even if in a subtle way.
For example, according to research studies done in the 90s and the 80s revealed that courtship behaviour in bars, restaurants, clubs, and other places where people meet.
Do you want to know what they discovered?
Here’s what they found…
They found that women were often the ones who signalled to men who they liked, helping the man to approach her.
The study found that women signalled their interest either by doing any of these following things:
- A looooong, and steady scan around the room, and finally, fixing her attention towards a man she finds attractive.
- Once eye contact is reciprocated, she’ll gently smile and then break the gaze.
- She’ll then preen herself (as discussed above).
- She’ll have an open body language.
- She’ll point her body towards him.
Now that you know and understand about all of these physical signs of interest from a girl, I want to bring it up again because they’re extremely important as they’re very subtle signs. Women won’t be blatant about it.
So don’t get disappointed if you think a girl is not into you. It’s most likely that you may not be paying attention to these subtle signs of interest.
How to Instantly Tell if a Girl Likes You: 20 Signs of Interest Based on Social and Personality Cues
1) Her personality changes when she’s around you
If her personality changes when she is around you that shows she is into you. But, sometimes, they may also tell that she is not interested in you.
So, before you assume she likes you based on these hints, you’ll have to know how she behaves particularly around her friends.
Once you have that, just pay attention to:
- Is she is more enthusiastic and bubbly when she’s with you? If she is, then it could be a good sign that she is trying to impress you.
However, some girls will get more shy, awkward and quiet when they are around you. So, for example, if her face goes red or she looks down, then she may be shy and nervous because she is into you.
- On the other hand, if she’s not interested in you, then her body or feet may turn away from you, and she may give you short, one-word answers.
She may also act irritated when you interrupt her or take her time away. Or she may move towards some other dude she’s more interested in romantically.
- Is she interacting with you differently than others? Is she doing things like making a playful tap on the arm, or a friendly arm around you? If she doesn’t do this to others, then it is a good sign that she is into you.
2) If you do something that surprises her, she either seems flustered or blushes.
When she’s around you, do something (anything) out of the ordinary. This could be a playful touch on her shoulder or her arm, or an unexpected compliment.
She doesn’t have time to prepare her response so this will be a good indicator as to whether or not she likes you.
- If she seems flustered and blushes, then that’s a good sign that she likes you. She may adjust her clothing or run her fingers through her hair.
- If she becomes irritated that means you’ve done something that completely surprises her, or distracted her, and then, she may not be interested.
3) Her friends try to leave the two of you alone
Another way to know for sure whether or not a girl is into you is to pay attention to how her friends are acting towards you? If when you come over to them, they try to leave the two of you alone, then it’s a very good sign that they know that she is into you.
They may also whisper, giggle, or enthusiastically smile at you when you’re around.
- If she has talked about you to her friends, they may also try to get to know you in order to make sure you’re suitable for her and a good guy.
4) She pays attention to you
- If she is into you, she’ll love the time you two have together. She’ll give you all the attention you need and will be more than happy about the exchange.
- If she’s not the talkative type (or shy), she’ll want to continue to stay in the conversation (and not leave) and prolong the time you two have together, but she may not appear that enthusiastic about it.
- If you’re in a group of people and you look at you more than anyone else in the group, then that’s a tell-tale sign that she likes you.
- However, if she busy looking at her phone or seems distracted when you’re talking to her one-on-one, then she may not be that interested in you.
5) She becomes upset when you say “hi” as she is talking to another guy
The reaction you get when you say “hi” to her when she’s talking with another guy will immediately tell whether or not she likes you.
Watch out for:
- If she is upset, shy or blushing, this is a good indicator that she’s worried that you think she like this guy and not you.
Sometimes, a girl who is into you might even try to leave the conversation she’s having with another guy just to show to you that she likes you or she’ll take back off from the guy she’s having a conversation just to show you it’s nothing romantic.
Well, here are a few good signs that she cares about you and doesn’t want you to think she doesn’t like you.
- If she doesn’t really pay attention to you, or just looks at your “hello” as a distraction, then she might not be that interested in you and is more interested in the guy she’s talking to.
- If you are in a group of other people, just watch out to see if she’s looking at you and paying attention to your reactions.
This is a tell-tale sign that she cares about how you’re reacting to the people around her.
- Always keep this in mind: don’t pay too much attention to her behaviour when she is talking to “another guy friends.” It’s most likely that she knows them and is comfortable around them, which may cause you to wrongly believe that she is attracted to them.
6) When she says or does something, she looks at you to see how you react
This is a big sign of interest that is easy to spot. This is likely the case when you both are in a group of other people.
If she’s looking at you after you’ve said something, then it’s a big sign she’s seeking your approval or trying to impress you.
For example, pay attention when she tells a story or a joke to a group of people. She’ll look at your direction first to see if you find it funny. That is, of course, a good sign she likes you.
7) Different personalities will show they like you in different ways
It’s super important to be aware of the fact that people show interest in different ways.
- If she’s the bold and confident type, then she’ll be direct in her ways to show you she likes you.
Now, of course, she’s not going to be blatant about it, but you must watch out for her physical postures which will provide you with all the clues.
As I’ve mentioned earlier, she’ll likely stand tall, pull back her shoulders, or suck in her stomach, or wiggle her hips as she walks away. She might also give you strong eye contact.
If she’s shy and nervous type, then it’s going to be a little bit more difficult.
Shy girls often blush or look down at the ground when they’re around people they like.
The nervous and anxious types, on the other hand, will often try to appear aloof, so you must look out for these subconscious physical clues.
- Also, be aware that most girls will wait for you to make the first move.
So, if you’re pretty darn sure that she is into you, then you might want to take a risk and ask her out on a date. If she agrees, you’ll at least know for sure.
8) She’s asking all kinds of personal questions
Most guys fail to spot this sign of interest.
Now, personal questions don’t mean the usual “getting to know you” type of questions. Personal questions go beyond that.
In short, she’s trying to get to know for who you are. For example, instead of asking you “what do you do for a living,” she might ask you, “what actually motivates you to do what you do?”
Also, pay attention to questions that you’re not really used to. She’ll take a lot more with her questions, and she’ll tailor them towards you.
They’ll also be more considered and it’s a great sign of interest and attraction.
9) She’s constantly chatting you on social media
There’s a world to explore the web, yet she’s choosing you to explore.
However, what’s even more important here is, watch out on how engaged she actually is. Is she answering you with a one-word response? If yes, then it’s not a good sign.
But if her responses are thoughtful, that’s a very good sign.
Also, pay attention to how quickly is she responding to you? The quicker, the better.
But it’s also likely that she doesn’t want to appear too desperate by responding immediately. If she truly likes you, she might take at least 15 minutes to respond.
If she’s not responding to you for days, then it’s definitely not a very good sign.
Another strong sign that she is into you is “liking” and interacting with your posts on social media. Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, etc. So if she liked one of your photos and viewed your profile, then your posts are going to appear at the top of her newsfeed.
If she hasn’t clicked with social media before, then she might never see your updates.
10) She’s drunk dialling you
You must have probably heard of the saying:
“A drunk person’s words are a sober person’s thoughts.”
Alcohol makes one be more honest with your emotions. So if she’s calling you and messaging you when she’s drunk, then she probably wants to see you again.
She’s obviously is thinking about you and alcohol is making her take action.
If this becomes a frequent occurrence, then you might just want to cut the chase and set a drinking date with her. It’ll be an amazing way to display your emotions to each other.
11) She’s letting you know she’s single — and she asks you if you have a girlfriend.
A lot of guys might not pay attention to this sign. No, I’m not talking about the question:
“Do you have a girlfriend?”
That’s a very good sign she is interested in you. However, girls won’t be that blatant.
Rather, she’ll be very subtle about getting you to reveal more about yourself. Maybe she’ll let you know that she’s single hoping that you react by saying you’re also single. Maybe, she’ll tell you that she went by herself to a wedding the previous weekend.
So pay attention to these little signs of attraction. If she’s trying to let you know that she’s single and she wants to know if you’re available, then that’s a good sign she probably is interested in you and wants to be sure that there is a possibility of a future together between the two of you.
12) She keeps on laughing at your jokes — even if is downright stupid and silly — or smiles at you a lot when you talk to her
You even know they’re silly and stupid jokes.
You even know that they are stupid and silly jokes. Almost everyone in the group knows they’re downright stupid jokes. She even knows they’re silly and stupid jokes.
But, here she is, laughing out loud at your silly jokes.
So if she’s laughing hard at your jokes that make other people cringe, then that’s a good sign that she likes you.
Also, if she is smiling a lot when you’re talking to her, that’s a good sign. She does these things because you make her feel good, and she wants to make you feel good through her glowing smile.
13) Conversations between two of your seem effortless…
This is a big indicator that there are strong rapport and chemistry between the two of you. And when there are a strong rapport and chemistry, the more likely it is true that she likes you.
Also, if she is interested in you, she’s most likely make a lot of effort in the conversation. She’s asking you a lot of questions and talking with you a lot because wants to keep the conversation with you going and avoid any awkward silences.
If you are interested in her, you’re also doing the same thing which is also making the conversation going effortlessly.
14) She’ll start to reveal her weirdo side
When a girl is feeling more comfortable around you, she’ll start to reveal more of who she truly is.
Where she may have hidden her quirky or geeky traits in the start, she’s now become more open and comfortable with being herself.
As a result, she’ll naturally start to show her geeky or quirky side. She does this because she knows you’ll accept her for who she is.
This certainly doesn’t mean that she likes you. Now, after all, she can also feel comfortable around a friend.
But if you’re not already in the dreaded friend zone, then this is a tell-tale sign that she feels comfortable around you and is interested in you.
15) She starts to tell personal details about her life
Likewise, she starts to get comfortable around you, she’ll start to tell more about her personal life.
That’s a pretty much great sign that she views you as someone she can trust.
But, it may also mean she necessarily likes you, though it may seem like a good sign.
If you’ve been going out as friends for a long time, then she’ll obviously start to reveal a lot more about herself because she is starting to feel comfortable around you, not because she is interested in you romantically.
But, on the other hand, if you have just met her for a very short time and she’s starting to reveal more personal stuff about her life that most people don’t necessarily talk about, then she clearly likes you.
16) She posts on her social media letting people know she’s spending time with you
If she does this, then it tells that she wants other people to know that you two are hanging out together.
Maybe she’s just enthusiastic to be with you, or maybe she’s trying to claim you as hers.
Whatever the case may be, it’s clearly a very good indicator that she is into you.
This signs could be shown in many different ways, like a sneak-in on Facebook with you, a Twitter status update, or an Instagram story check.
17) She’s posting on your Facebook wall or tagging you in things
This is similar to the above. She could be doing this because she’s trying to claim her territory. She wants other people in her social circle to know that you’re very close to her.
This can be a tell-tale sign that she is into you.
18) She immediately says “yes” when you ask her out
If she is interested in you, then it’s not a secret that she’ll want to go out on a date with you.
So when you pick up your phone to ask her out on a date, she’ll most likely jump at the opportunity and say “yes.”
If she is busy or has plans, she’ll most likely try to postpone with you to another time.
Though you must always remember that if you’ve just met her for the first time, or it’s only a few weeks you two have been hanging out, then she obviously does not want to come across as needy. Women are often socially intelligent creatures among the two opposite sex, so appearing as non-needy is super important to them.
That’s why she may not say “yes” immediately. Now, she may take her time before saying “yes,” or she might even try to suggest another date idea.
But at the end of the day, if she is into you, she’ll just want to hang around with you, and she’ll definitely say “yes” when you ask her out for a date.
19) Always remember that some girls might be slightly indecisive about whether or not they like you.
Now, it is true that some girls will be cleared into you, while others might still be unsure about you.
These are the type of girls that may treat you like a Prince one day and then behave you don’t even exist the next day.
I can’t emphasize enough on this point: Look out for these type of girls, because it could only mean any one of the two things:
- She’s trying to advantage of you and manipulate you. It’s super important to know your true worth and avoid being “used” to make her feel better or to make someone else jealous.
If you sense the latter might be the reason, it’s very important for your own emotional health to walk away.
- Or she could simply be unsure and indecisive of what she wants out of you. Again, waiting for a girl like this could be detrimental for your emotional well being. She’ll just keep on playing around with you.
The best thing to do here is to move on and let someone else take their space.
20) There are billions of girls out there, so be very picky…
If you sense she, in fact, likes you, then that’s awesome, just ask her out on a date just to find out where it takes you.
On the other hand, if she doesn’t like you, then that’s also awesome. You can simply move on and find someone better suited to you.
It is super important to keep in mind that there’s plenty of fish in the water and you’re only kidding yourself if you think there’s only that one girl who is the “best” for you.
There are all kinds of girls in this world, and there are plenty of girls that can make you happy.
P.S. Here’s another article on the subject: How To Tell A Girl Likes YOU