How to Make Small Talk: “Conversation Starters, Exercises, and Scenarios”
When it comes to having a conversation with a woman, the most difficult part for men, it seems, is making small talk effortless. While it is true that most of you reading this post can probably make small talk… the real challenge is… can you make small talk fun, playful, and flirtatious?
Or do you end up losing a woman’s interest?
Let us go through this together right now to truly understand the art of small talk, and really learn how to make small talk fun and attractive… instead of boring and dull.
1. What kind of small talk women find dull and boring
And discuss about…
2. What kind of small talk women find attractive and fun
Whit this simple approach, you’ll quickly understand some of the most important aspects of small talk that is super important. And then you can go ahead and use some of the good small talk tips in your interactions with women.
1. What kind of small talk women find dull and boring
a) Women dislike “interview mode” small talk. What do I mean by this? Well, “interview mode” small talk is when you keep on asking a woman one question after another about her school, job, family, pets, hometown, etc. This type of small talk becomes boring pretty quick. This type of small talk is particularly dull and boring if she feels that you are not even listening to her responses. Nothing can be more worse than some dude who seem to just jump one question to another because he just can’t find any other way to keep the conversation going.
b) Women dislike “forced” or “awkward” small talk. Women don’t want to feel awkward. And if she feels that you’re insecure, shy, and nervous around women, she’s most likely not going to keep the conversation going. And if she doesn’t put out in keeping the conversation going… then, my friend, your job of making small talk is going to be an uphill battle.
- 15 Tips To Have Better Conversations With Women
- 9 Effective Ways To Have Better Conversation With Women And Make Them Love You
c) Small talk that has a series of awkward silences is a huge turn off for women. It’s okay to have a brief silences now and then. But if it continues on during your small talk with women… there’s a big chance she is already getting bored. That’s why it is super important for you to learn how to keep the conversation going if you are interested to make your small talk that drives women towards you.
d) You also do not want to talk about topics that could steer the conversation towards ill feelings. While being cocky and funny and having banter with women is acceptable… small talk topics such as politics or religion might end up creating some ill feelings towards each other that could have easily been kept at by had you only stick to some of the creative small talk topics that you’ll learn about in the next section.
Once you understand all these underlying problems, you really can’t blame girls not wanting to talk with an insecure, weak, boring, and inexperienced guy who can’t seem to keep a conversation going and make it fun, playful, and interesting at the same time. Just ask yourself… do you really enjoy having this type of conversation with girls? Of course, not.
So, now let’s talk about…
2. What kind of small talk women find ATTRACTIVE and FUN
a) Women love it when small talk involves topics they find interesting. In this article, I have listed 12 awesome topics that work like magic for building a strong connection with women. Some of these conversation topics include childhood memories, travelling, music, food, and observations about her. If you want to learn more about this stuff, I highly recommend that you check out these two articles on best conversation starters.
b) The best way to keep a woman hooked on you is to bring out all kinds of emotions from her. Women thrive on emotions. That is why talking about topics like childhood memories, travelling, and music work so incredibly well for having a fun, playful, and memorable small talk. All of these topics take a woman into an “emotional state”. And once you do that, it becomes super easy to connect with her.
c) The most engaging conversations are the type that “stay in the moment.” A conversation stays in the moment when you both are having fun and making jokes about something that’s happening in the present. It shows that you two are connecting. The best way to “stay in the moment” is by making random observations HER (Remember, women love talking about themselves). Or, you can also make random observations about something that’s happening around you.
d) Another best way to keep your small talk engaging is by telling “good stories”. A good story never fails to engage others. So instead of just memorizing facts and figures, try to learn telling good stories that arouse emotions.
f) If you want to be certain that a woman enjoys having a conversation with you… make sure that you are relaxed, confident, and flirtatious. Also, make a commitment to lead the interaction in order to keep the conversation flowing. Why? Because women love it when men take charge. They don’t want to take the responsibility of keeping the conversation going.
A Couple of Excellent Small Talk Conversation Examples of Engaging Small Talk
Most guys struggle to start a conversation with women, and then transition to have small talk in a way that sparks attraction. Rather, a lot of guys do the exact opposite. They talk about things that bore women silly and give her no other option than to look for some other guys to talk to.
As a Day Game Coach, I also know that a lot of guys will simply freeze up in their tracks if they had to approach a beautiful woman. Or, they become so nervous and uptight that they wind up coming across as a boring, needy, and insecure guy.
But a woman wants to be with a man who knows how to keep the conversation going in a fun, playful, and flirtatious way.
In short, the art of small talk consists of knowing how to be fun, playful, and sexual. And, in this article, you are going to discover 20 ways to go about doing this.
20 Small Talk Conversation Topics to Make Interactions Incredibly FUN and Engaging
- When you are having a conversation with women, try to make statements and express your ideas, thoughts, and opinions… instead of only asking her a series of questions.
- Talk about her. Make observations about her characteristic traits, sense of style, her personality, and your initial impression of her.
- Do not give “compliments” just to keep the conversation going. Giving a lot of compliments to a woman just because you don’t know any other way to keep the conversation going will not impress her. Instead, it will only bore her.
- Find “playful games” to play with women when making small talk. In my friend’s, Bobby Rio’s, free report, he gives you 3 incredibly good games that you can play with any women to spark instant attraction.
- Keep making conversation on interesting topics like observations, childhood memories, unusual stories, travel, or interests and passions.
- Try to be a little bit of a challenge, cocky and funny, and mysterious.
- Learn how to flirt with girls. Learn how to have a light and fun banter with women. Doing this will make your small talk incredibly engaging and sexy.
- If you often find yourself ‘running out of things to say’ or face those dreaded ‘awkward silence’… rather than pretend it didn’t happen, simply make a joke about it by saying something like, “Wow, didn’t we just ran into one of our first uncomfortable silences… do not panic though, I will guide you through it in no time soon.”
- Do not shy away from voicing your opinions and disagreeing with her. It helps express your personality.
- Do not make “interview mode” small talk. Rather, be relaxed, playful, and confident.
- Learn how to tell “good stories”. Women thrive on emotions, drama, and intrigue. Learn how to tell engaging stories in a way that draws her attention.
- Use cold reading tactics in your small talk. It’s the best way to make random observations about her. I personally find the “Strawberry Fields Routine” to engage a girl into keep on talking with me.
- If you don’t know what to say to a woman, try using some pua routines, especially if you are a newbie. Over time, you’ll learn how to come up with your own.
- Tease her.
- If you two are having a really good time, do not be afraid to bring the elements of “sexuality” into the conversation.
- “Compliment” on her sense of style, personality, or on her “vibe” (or energy)
- Stand up for yourself. Do not be afraid to call a woman about her bad behaviour. If she says something that is absolutely not true… call her out on it… but don’t get into an argument. It’ll impress her that you picked up on it.
- Keep a conversation playful and fun by using “role play”. This is a great technique that Bobby talks about in detail in his Small Talk Tactics report.
- Avoid giving compliments on a woman’s body, eyes, or looks.
- Never apologize for your desire as a man. If you are having a conversation with a woman, most of the time, you’re attracted to her in a sexual way… so let her know about it too. It will keep you away from the dreaded “friend zone” and keep your small talk fun, playful, and engaging.
So there you have it… 20 incredible ways to make small talk more fun, playful, and sexy with women.
I highly suggest that you grab a free copy of Bobby Rio’s Small Talk Tactics report where he talks in detail about 3 games to play with a woman, how to use role plays and cold reading tactics into your conversation, and basically, how to have fun, playful, and “sexy” small talk.
P.S. Here’s another related article to this subject: How to easily “break the ice” and become MORE charming by saying less